Written by Kaitime
- 1-tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1-teaspoon paprika
- 1-teaspoon turmeric
- 155g\5oz long grain white rice
- 3 cups\750mL chicken stock
- 250g\8oz-cooked chicken, chopped
- 125g\4oz fresh or frozen peas
- 200g Trevally fillets, diced
- 250g\8oz small prawns, shelled
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Mussels in shell, cleaned (optional)
Start with a large pan, heat the olive oil and add the onion, garlic and chicken pieces.
Season with the paprika and tumeric and sauté for 5 minutes.
Add the peppers and tomatoes.
Cook on a medium heat until the vegetables begin to soften.
Add the rice to the pan, turn up the heat to medium high and mix in the rice well with the fish and get coated with oil. Let the rice cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add the chicken stock to the rice slowly and stir slowly to prevent sticking. Cook on a high heat for five minutes then lower the heat.
Add the peas to the paella pan and mix well.
Add the trevally, prawns and mussels to the pan and cook for a further 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
Season with freshly ground pepper and salt
Cover the dish with foil and allow the paella to rest for a few minutes